AMARI MPhil and PhD Fellowships at College of Cape City in South Africa
This yr, AMARI is providing help for a Malawian candidate for an MPhil fellowship in Public Psychological Well being on the Centre for Public Psychological Well being, within the Division of Psychiatry & Psychological Well being on the College of Cape City (UCT).
The intention of those fellowships is to equip researchers to guide high-quality psychological well being analysis programmes that meet the wants of their nations.
The College of Cape City (UCT) is a public analysis college situated in Cape City within the Western Cape province of South Africa. It’s collectively the oldest college in South Africa and the oldest extant college in Sub-Saharan Africa alongside Stellenbosch
Course Degree: Fellowships can be found to pursue MPhil and PhD programme.
Research Topic: Fellowships are awarded within the discipline of Public Psychological Well being.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cowl the next:
- The worth of the PhD fellowship is R300 000 per yr and contains funding to hold out the meant analysis. Though the tenure of the fellowships are for three years, passable tutorial progress should be proof for continued registration.
- The MPhil fellowship cowl all the schooling, journey and lodging charges associated to the programme.
Scholarship might be taken in South Africa.
Eligibility: To be eligible college students should:
PhD candidates require a previous grasp’s diploma in a foundational self-discipline related to public psychological well being (e.g. psychology, public well being).
- Candidates ought to have robust interpersonal expertise, and be capable to work in a collaborative trend as a part of a multidisciplinary group. Fellows might want to relocate to Cape City all through the programme.
MPhil candidates require an Honours diploma or post-graduate diploma in Public Psychological
Well being or a cognate self-discipline, on NQF degree eight. As well as, candidates ought to:
- Have expertise of working in a psychological well being, well being or growth associated discipline for at the very least three years.
- Be employed inside a managerial or management position, or have the capability for such a task.
- Present proof of ample English language and writing proficiency for postgraduate tutorial research.
- Be a citizen or everlasting resident of South Africa, Ethiopia, Malawi, or Zimbabwe efficiently acquire entry to the MPhil in Public Psychological Well being.
- Undertake a analysis undertaking that’s aligned with the aim of AMARI.
Nationality: Candidates of South Africa, Ethiopia, Malawi, or Zimbabwe are eligible to use.
School Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: PhD candidates should have a previous grasp’s diploma in a foundational self-discipline related to public psychological well being. Mphil candidates should have an Honours diploma or post-graduate diploma in Public Psychological Well being or a cognate self-discipline, on NQF degree eight.
Check Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Candidates whose first language just isn’t English are often required to offer proof of proficiency in English on the greater degree required by the College.
South Africa scholarship
Tips on how to Apply: Candidates can apply by way of electronic mail:
- Admission to the programme is extremely aggressive and is predicated totally on tutorial advantage and potential to contribute to psychological well being growth in under-served areas in Africa. A rigorous choice course of can be engaged in to establish the candidates who’re almost definitely to efficiently full the diploma throughout the prescribed interval. Along with the written software, short-listed candidates could also be requested to attend a teleconference interview.
- The applying kinds are detailed in order that now we have as a lot related data potential to allow us to pick probably the most appropriate candidates. When you’ve got any questions concerning the software kind or course of, please contact Ms. Songelwa Mobo (Songelwa.mobo-at-uct.ac.za). The finished software kinds, along with all of the required supporting paperwork, should be submitted electronically as a PDF file to Songelwa Mobo on or earlier than the deadline under.
Utility Deadline: Utility deadline of MPhil programme is September 1, 2018, and PhD programme is September15, 2018.