The National Innovation Foundation (NIF), India, an autonomous body of the Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India, now wishes to invite applicants for its Dr A P J Abdul Kalam IGNITE Awards. The awards are exclusively open to Indian Students.
The aim of the awards is to invites submissions of creative technological ideas/innovations from the students up to Standard XII for the tenth national competition.
National Innovation Foundation (NIF) – India is an autonomous body of the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India. It was set up in February 2000 at Ahmedabad, Gujarat to provide institutional support for scouting, spawning, sustaining and scaling up the grassroots innovations across the country.
- Application Deadline: August 31, 2018
- Course Level: Awards are available for annual national competition.
- Study Subject: Dr APJ Abdul Kalam IGNITE competition is an annual national competition to harness the creative and innovative spirit of children (up to Standard XII in school or those up to the age of 17 years out of school).
- Scholarship Award: NIF will provide to and fro train travel supports to the student(s) and only one person accompanying the student(s) from the student’s home location to Ahmedabad. Local hospitality will be provided by NIF in Ahmedabad. Any other person(s) accompanying the award winner or any other person interested to visit the exhibition would have to bear all their costs (travel/stay/food) themselves.
- Nationality: Indian students are eligible to apply for the award.
- Number of Scholarships: There is no fixed number of awards. It will depend upon the number of quality entries that we receive and which can be recognise in the function
- Scholarship can be taken in India
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from India are eligible to apply for the awards.
- Entrance Requirements: As the competition is for students up to Standard XII, the maximum age is expected to be around17-18 years. Those out of school (children), up to the age of 17 years, can also participate.
How to Apply:
- There is no particular format for submission. However, the following should be clearly mentioned – name, age, class, school name and address, home address and contact number, title of the project/idea/innovation, detailed description, diagrams/sketches/photos if any and a simple declaration that the project has been done by the student himself/herself without any guidance from teachers/parents. If required, we may later request a declaration from school and/or parents that the project of the student has been unsupervised.
- The submissions for the contest can be made through any of the following means:
- Submit online