Fulbright Scholarships USA 2018 Under Thailand Research Fund Junior Research Scholarship Program
Applicants are invited to apply for Fulbright-Thailand Research Fund Junior Research Scholarship Programme. These scholarships are open for Thai applicants to conduct research in the USA.
The aim of the scholarship is to develop the capabilities of Thai university staff members and interested persons to gain six months of research experience in the United States as part of their doctoral dissertation requirements.
The Fulbright Program is the flagship international educational exchange program sponsored by the U.S. Government. It is designed to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries
Course Level: These scholarships are available to pursue the research programme.
Study Subject: These scholarships are awarded in the fields offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: These scholarships will cover the followings:
- For the grant sponsored by Fulbright Thailand, benefits are intended to cover round-trip international airfare, the monthly stipend for six months, in-transit allowance and health insurance. For the Fulbright-TRF partnership, funding support will be mainly provided by the Thailand Research Fund (TRF) with additional funding from Fulbright Thailand for not exceeding a period of six months.
- Fulbright Thailand will assist the grantees in the visa process, coordinate with the host U.S. institutions and offer non-monetary benefits, including orientations, enrichment seminars, international conferences, etc., which will help grantees to get access to their chosen host universities and create quality international networks.
Numbers of Scholarships: Five (5) grants are available for the 2018 academic year. Up to two (2) will be awarded under the Fulbright Program and up to three (3) will be under the Fulbright-TRF partnership.
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be physically present in Thailand at the time of the application, interview and orientation
- Be a Thai citizen in good health (individuals holding U.S. immigrant visas or permanent U.S. resident cards (green cards), or dual (Thai and U.S.) citizenships are not eligible to apply);
- Be a university lecturer OR interested persons who are undertaking graduate work at the PhD level at a Thai university;
- Have completed his or her coursework and passed the qualifying exam;
- Demonstrate strong academic performance at the graduate level;
- Have an appropriate background to undertake the proposal they have outlined;
- Have the concurrence of the University PhD program in which he or she is enrolled;
- Obtain written confirmation (a letter of invitation) from a U.S. professor or scientist at the host institution that he or she will supervise the research;
- Be able to take leave from his or her home institution or post;
- Preferably not have had extensive experience in the United States during the previous 5 years and
- Be able to fully participate in every activity organized by Fulbright Thailand, e.g. the preliminary orientation and the pre-departure orientation program, which will be held in February and June respectively.
- Those who work for the U.S. embassy and related agencies, please consult Fulbright Thailand before applying.
Nationality: Thai applicants are eligible for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants should have the concurrence of the University PhD program in which he or she is enrolled
English Language Requirement: Applicants should have a valid TOEFL official score report:
- iBT TOEFL score of 71 or above or;
- ITP TOEFL score of 525 or;
- CU-TEP test score of 75.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply through the online processor.
- All items must be completed in English and use American date notation (month day, year)
- All attachment files must be in the format of PDF only.
- For transcripts and TOEFL iBT, TOEFL ITP or CU-TEP score, a scanned copy must be of the original documents. However, please include only photocopied documents of those in your hard-copy application packet. Please do not mail us the original documents.
- Letters of Recommendation:
- It is highly recommended the recommenders are those qualified to evaluate the applicant’s qualification.
- Applicants must include two letters of recommendation in sealed envelope (sealed by the recommenders) in the application packet or the recommenders themselves email their letters (a scanned copy) directly to tusef-at-fulbrightthai.org with the subject: Recommendation letter for JRS Application. The two recommenders need not choose the same method of submitting their letters. In other words, one may opt to submit by emailing to tusef-at-fulbrightthai.org while the other in a sealed envelope.
- The recommenders must use official/professional e-mail addresses registered/associated with their institutions/organizations to ensure their credential. Their personal e-mail addresses are not accepted.
- The applicant must submit both online application and a set of hard-copy application. Once completing the online application, the applicant must print a hard copy from the online system to the TUSEF office by Thursday, October 19, 2018, via EMS, with a postmark.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is October 19, 2018.