The Harvard Ukrainian Research Institute (HURI) now wishes to invite applicants for its Research Fellowships in Ukrainian Studies. The fellowships provide a stipend of $4,400 per month to cover the cost of housing, health insurance, and other living expenses.
The aim of the fellowships is focused research on projects in Ukrainian history, literature, philology, culture, and other related areas of study in the humanities and social sciences fields.
The Harvard Ukrainian Research Institute (HURI) is a research institute affiliated with Harvard University devoted to Ukrainian studies, including the history, culture, language, and politics of Ukraine. Other areas of study include Ukrainian literature, archaeology, art, economics, and anthropology.
- Application Deadline: January 15, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue research.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the field of Ukrainian studies.
- Scholarship Award: The fellowships provide a stipend of $4,400 per month to cover the cost of housing, health insurance, and other living expenses. In addition to the stipend, the awards provide for the cost of direct roundtrip travel to Harvard University.
- Nationality: International applicants are eligible to apply for the fellowships.
- Number of Scholarships: Number of fellowships is not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International applicants are eligible to apply for the fellowships.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must hold a doctorate degree.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must be fluent in English.
How to Apply:
- The selection committee requests that applicants indicate whether the proposed research project can contribute to the Institute’s ongoing research on the MAPA: Digital Atlas of Ukraine. The stated interest of the selection committee does not in any way preclude consideration of applications from scholars whose research will not have a spatial component.