Applicants are invited to apply for Israel State Scholarships to conduct pursue research or Hebrew or Arabic language summer course programme. There are three scholarships are available one for Estonian and two for Finnish.
The aim of the scholarships is to strengthen the bond between Estonian and Finnish students.
The Foreign Ministry formulates implements and presents the foreign policy of the Government of Israel.
- Application deadline: January 2, 2018
- Course Level: These scholarships are available to pursue research or Hebrew or Arabic language summer course programme.
- Study Subject: These scholarships are awarded in the fields offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: These scholarships will cover the followings:
The full-year scholarship covers:
- 50% of the tuition fee, up to 6000 USD
- Monthly allowance of 850 USD for the 8 months of the academic year (note: accommodation arrangements must be made by the applicants by themselves)
- Basic health insurance
- Student visa
- The Summer Ulpan scholarship covers:
- 4 week (approximately) language studies (Hebrew or Arabic)
- 300 USD for living expenses
- Boarding in a room for 2
- Basic health insurance
- Nationality: Estonian and Finnish
- Number of Scholarships: Total three scholarships are available one for Estonian and two for Finnish.
- Scholarship can be taken in Israel
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Estonia and Finland
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet following criteria:
- The applicant should hold a BA or BSc degree (or higher) and have a good record of academic achievement.
- The applicant should be a citizen of Estonia. Note: applicants holding Israeli citizenship are not eligible for the MFA scholarship.
- The applicant must be below age 35 (at the beginning of the academic year).
- The applicant should meet the academic requirements of the Israeli University to which he/she applies. A scholarship will be granted only after the required institute approves the acceptance of the candidate. NOTE: The applicants must also apply for the requested program once the application period starts. Please be in direct contact with the respective University or Institution for application procedure details.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must have proof of English or Hebrew language proficiency.
- Applicants can apply by post.
How to Apply:
- Cover letter describing how the scholarship and studies in Israel would benefit your studies and career
- Completed application form – Download application forms
- Curriculum Vitae
- Detailed letter describing the field the applicant intends to study in Israel, specifying the University he/she wishes to attend
- Copies of letters exchanged with the Israeli university in question, or in the case of a research or post-doctorate – the relevant Israeli supervisor. Not required for Ulpan Scholarship.
- Official original academic records (or verified copies) of all relevant studies and test scores, diplomas attesting the completion of an academic degree, including a transcript of the student’s records
- At least two (2) letters of recommendation from lecturers/professors who taught the candidate 8. Three (3) photographs Applicants pre-selected by the Embassy of Israel as primary candidates must also provide
- Certificate of health (use the form on the last 2 pages of the application form file), signed by a doctor
- Proof of required language skills required for the studies or research: Hebrew or English (GMAT / IELTS / GRE / TOEFL). Not required for Ulpan scholarship. All of the above should be printed in English and submitted in three (3) copies to the Israeli embassy for Finland.
- All of the above should be printed in English and submitted in three (3) copies to the Israeli embassy for Finland.