The School of History and Institute for Medieval Studies at University of Leeds is offering up to four taught master’s scholarships. These awards are open to Home/EU and International students.
The Institute for Medieval Studies brings together medievalists from across the University of Leeds and beyond to form a community of scholars working on the societies and cultures of the European and global Middle Ages.
Applicants whose first language is not English must meet the School/IMS’s English Language requirements.
Application deadline: May 4, 2018
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing masters programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded within the School of History and Institute for Medieval Studies.
Scholarship Award: Up to four taught masters scholarships are available at a value of £14,500 each (as a full/partial fee waiver and partial cash award where the fees are less than the award).
Number of Scholarships: There are four scholarships available.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: These awards are open to Home/EU and International students.
- Please note that these awards are highly competitive: it is generally expected that successful applicants will hold a First Degree at undergraduate level equivalent to at least a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree. Applicants should either have graduated with the appropriate First Degree or be in their final year of study
- Applicants for all taught MA courses in the School of History and Institute for Medieval Studies are eligible to apply
- Scholarship holders are expected to reside mainly in Leeds or the region, and to actively contribute to and participate in the intellectual life of the postgraduate community
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English must meet the School/IMS’s English Language requirements.
Students must have done the following by the deadline of May 4, 2018 completed the School of History and Institute for Medieval Studies Application form for Taught MA Scholarships
Supplied us with
- Copies of transcripts from previous degrees
- Two academic references
Applied for one of our courses by 4 May 2018 and been offered a place of study by 18June 2018
How to Apply for a Place of Study at Leeds
- If you would like to apply for a place on a taught postgraduate degree programme, please complete an online application.
How to Apply:
To apply for a School of History and Institute for Medieval Studies MA scholarship, please complete the application form and return it by email.
If you apply for a University-administered scholarship, you will automatically be considered for a School of History and Institute for Medieval Scholarship and you do not need to complete the School scholarship application form.