Applicants are invited to apply for Ugandan Scholars Programme to pursue the postgraduate degree in diverse fields. The programme is awarded on the basis of competition for the academic session of summer 2018.
The ultimate goal is to strengthen curricula and to improve the quality of teaching in the United States in academic institutions abroad.
The U.S. Educational Advising Center in Kampala provides comprehensive information on educational opportunities in the United States.
- Application Deadline: January 5, 2018
- Course Level: The programme is available to pursue the post-graduate degree.
- Study Subject: The programme is awarded in the following fields:
- Contemporary American Literature
- Journalism and Media
- Religious Pluralism in the United States
- U.S. Culture and Society
- U.S. Foreign Policy
- American Politics and Political Thought
- Scholarship Award: The Study of the United States Institutes for Scholars is an intensive post-graduate level academic program with integrated study tours. The program provides foreign university faculty and other scholars the opportunity to deepen their understanding of the United States’ society, culture, and institutions.
- Nationality: Ugandan
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Uganda
- Entrance Requirements: Prospective candidates should be mid-career (between 30-50 years old), highly-motivated and experienced professionals from institutions focused on higher education or research. The ideal candidate is an experienced professional with excellent scholarly and professional credentials with little or no prior experience in the United States. Potential candidates should be able to describe how participation in the Institute will enhance course offerings in U.S. studies at the nominee’s home institution.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must have sufficient knowledge of the language of instruction of the host university.
- Applications should be sent by email.
How to Apply:
- Applicant’s statements should describe their involvement in teaching and how taking part in the Summer 2018 Institute will assist with introducing aspects of U.S. Studies into their curricula, developing new courses on the United States in their home institutions, or offering specialized seminars/workshops for professionals in U.S. Studies areas related to the program theme.