Visiting Artist Program for South Asian Artist at Harvard College
The Harvard College is proud to organise Visiting Artist Program for rising and mid-career artists of South Asia. The programme is on the market in throughout all disciplines to discover crucial points in South Asia via the lens of artwork and design.
The goal of the programme is to present studying alternative to South Asian Artist.
The Harvard College South Asia Institute (SAI) engages college and college students via interdisciplinary applications to advance and deepen the educating and analysis on world points related to South Asia.
Course Stage: The programme is on the market for artists.
Examine Topic: The programme is awarded in throughout all disciplines to discover crucial points in South Asia via the lens of artwork and design.
Scholarship Award: The programme will cowl the next:
- Every artist will obtain $1,000 USD of discretionary funds (not accounting regional taxes) after their go to.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not recognized
Scholarship could be taken in the USA
Eligibility: Candidates should meet the next space for the programme:
- To use, you have to be a South Asian artist who works in any medium, and whose apply responds to the social and political developments of the area. Particular consideration could be accorded to these artists, whose proposals instantly relate to SAI’s ongoing analysis:
- Applicant’s nation of residence have to be inside South Asia (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, or Sri Lanka), with specific choice for artists from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, or Sri Lanka, as SAI seeks to create distinctive alternatives to interact with artists from international locations which have much less illustration at Harvard.
- This chance is supposed to acknowledge and showcase the art work of up-and-coming artists who would tremendously profit from facilitated connections with Harvard college and college students whereas offering an internationally-recognized venue to show their work. Candidates have to be rising and mid-career artists who’ve had restricted alternatives to exhibit or work overseas. Though formal skilled coaching at an accredited establishment will not be a requirement, artists with skilled coaching will obtain choice.
Nationality: Candidates of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka can apply for the programme.
Faculty Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Candidates have to be artist.
English Language Requirement: The candidate ought to have an excellent command over the English language.
Methods to Apply: Candidates can apply through electronic mail.
- Full the net software
- Resume/CV: Your resume/CV ought to record your earlier exhibitions, residencies, skilled coaching applications, and associated experiences.
- Written Private Assertion: In not more than two pages, this private assertion ought to describe your preliminary proposal and the way it will profit from being hosted by the SAI and Harvard. Please record in as a lot element as doable which assets, departments, and college at Harvard could be pertinent to your analysis. Additionally, please state whether or not you’d be drawing on the collections of the Harvard Artwork Museums.
- Work Portfolio: Samples of labor could also be submitted to SAI, and will encompass not more than 25 photographs, 15 minutes of video, and/or 15 pages of textual content, or no matter format greatest represents your work. Please submit work as a.PDF portfolio like the next instance.
- Two Suggestion Letters: You may be requested to seek out two references to write down letters of advice in your behalf. One letter have to be from a senior skilled concerned in artwork or a practising artist. Their letters ought to handle the next questions (in addition to another related data): (1) How lengthy and in what capability have you ever recognized the applicant? and (2) Assess the candidate’s qualification’s and former achievements, and consider the potential affect/contribution of their venture. Suggestion letters must be emailed instantly by your references to sainit-at-fas.harvard.edu by the deadline, with “Visiting Artist Program Suggestion” and the applicant’s identify within the topic line.
Utility Deadline: The appliance deadline is July 17, 2018.